Juliane,
Thank you
love
Alan

On 5 Apr 2019, at 5:34 pm, Juliane Martina Roell (Structure & Process) via
OSList <oslist@lists.openspacetech.org> wrote:

Birgitt Williams via OSList schrieb am 02.04.19 um 18:49:
> Dear friends and colleagues in Open Space,
> out of a beautiful sea of possibilities, the one that I choose to put forward
> for the theme of the WOSONOS 2019 is "Take Up Space. YOU are meant to be here
> with your whole being".

I always wonder who speaks, when I read or hear sentences like the above.

It sounds so beautiful. Such a noble intention. But who is speaking? Who are
YOU to tell "me" what I am "meant to be"?

It sounds so nice. I wish I could belong. I wish I could trust that weird voice
that is talking. But who is it?

Shall I tell you about "taking up space" and the consequences for a non-passing
transgender person in this world? Shall I tell you about all the times
well-meaning privileged people have told me that "I am welcome" "I am meant to
be here" "I shall bring my whole being" and the minute I showed up in the wrong
way, addressed discrimination or priviledge or spoke with too much anger, I was
attacked, assaulted or kicked out from the space?

It sounds so nice: "I am meant to be there". But who are you? And who are you
to make such a statement?

Love,

Juliane.

--
Structure & Process  | http://structureprocess.com | @strucproc
Juliane Martina Röll | GSM: +49 178 4984743

Alan Halford & Associates
Open Space Technology Aficionados
Mediation and Conflict Transformation
Facilitators

www.alanhalford.com.au <http://www.alanhalford.com.au/>
www.conflictcompany.com.au <http://www.conflictcompany.com.au/>
0421 475 252
skype: alanhalford

  • [OSList] WOSonO... Harold Shinsato via OSList
    • Re: [OSLis... Suzanne Daigle via OSList
      • Re: [O... Suzanne Daigle via OSList
        • Re... Michael M Pannwitz via OSList
          • ... Birgitt Williams via OSList
            • ... Juliane Martina Roell (Structure & Process) via OSList
              • ... Alan Halford via OSList
              • ... Birgitt Williams via OSList
                • ... Michael M Pannwitz via OSList
                • ... agusj via OSList
    • [OSList] I... Harold Shinsato via OSList
    • Re: [OSLis... Harold Shinsato via OSList