>From the wiki, seems there's a consensus around an implicit bicycle=no for
highway=footway.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dfootway states "Where a
pathway is designated for pedestrians but is also allowed for bicycles you
can use highway <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway>=*footway*
 and bicycle <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bicycle>=yes
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:bicycle%3Dyes>."

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Path_controversy#Kinds_of_paths has a
rubric that largely agrees with the above.

It appears that bicycle=no is a pretty safe assumption for routers on
highway=footway where tagging isn't explicitly stating bicycles are allowed.