Not sure if it will work, I cannot check if it works:

On the map, find area, where you know there is trailhead on the screen
somewhere, just hidden.
Select displaying POI, instead directly selecting a category, press options
("...") -> categories -> nearest POI . You'll get a list of all POIs around
you.
Choose "selection" in the header of the list again - second row on the
right. Now, you can filter again. Look if you can find the "trailhead"
category and select this one. Then "use filters".

Look for the correct commands, I have set Osmand in local language so the
names can be slightly different.