The lack of a complete manual was part of my motivation for creating some
tutorial videos.  My first, on basic navigation, is now dated due to
improvements in OsmAnd.  I plan to update it when I have some time.  But
the link in my earlier pos <https://youtu.be/roMNNJPHDvc>t covers the
general topic of previewing routes--on-site and remotely.  That video is
more up to date.