In the United States, it's extremely common to have businesses or
residences sharing a common building, and to denote the difference in
mailing address through a unit number designation. For example, for the
building I live in, there's twelve apartments here, which fall into the
following address format

XX Simpleton Street [Apt,Unit,Suite,#] YY
Anytown, USA 12345

XX = addr:housenumber
YY = addr:unit

The use of apartment, unit, suite, or # is completely decorative, but our
postal service requires one as a separator between the street name and the
number of the unit. Unit is the de facto standard where no other one is
given.

The OSM editor plugin doesn't recognize addr:unit as a common key, which it
is essential for most addresses here. Additionally, address lookups should
include the unit number within the rendered address line

Personally, this is an issue because I'm trying to add POI for everything
around me (I'm averaging ~200 entries a day), and much of this data can't
be expressed in OsmAnd correctly because of this lack of support.

Can we please get some addr:unit support?