Thanks for the suggestion. I have only had a single google subscription
account for a long time. However that did give me an idea.

I pushed apps in bulk to my phone from the web version of Play. I
uninstalled again and installed from the store on my phone. When I searched
here, it showed both OsmAnd and OsmAnd+. I must have installed the base
version from the Web store instead of the paid version. Hence, the request
to unlock content was shown.

Many thanks