On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 8:19:06 AM UTC-6, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> > Doesn't seem to be triggering on Rumble strips.
>
> The rumble strip is *already* a warning by itself
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumble_strip
>
> Would it really make sense to have osmand warn about an object that is
> warning about something else?

I think we are talking about personal preferences at this point:
That's why it would be nice if this was a configurable option.  Those who
do not like it would not turn it on.
I've been in plenty situations where extra few seconds of warning about
upcoming device would make trip experience more enjoyable and safer.