As I once wrote and occasionally use
a cygwin/wget based batch for maps download in Windows,
I do not see a big deal in writing a script for Linux.

As inspiration ( older, but should work, even if not checked for a while )
Github : /Brouter-profiles/master/OSMANd_wget_maps
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/master/OSMANd_wget_maps.cmd>
( will be displayed as the CMD content and can be directly saved as CMD
file )

--
Poutnik ( The Wanderer )

My Brouter profiles