Hello Eric.

Have been looking up the French city "Charleville-Mézières" at Osmand+,
along with Android 6.01. You're right. When zooming out too a less detailed
level, the accents vanish.

Have also tried Google Maps. There, I saw "Gare de Charleville Mezieres"
without accents - but that was only at a very detailed city plan level, in
different circumstances. However, the city name kept it's accents, till it
vanished alltogether.

Maps of Viamichelin keep showing the accents. That's why, I presume it is
some Osmand problem.

Yours.
Bas G. Roufs, Utrecht,  NL.