Am 08.04.2018 um 20:00 schrieb Pere Pujal i Carabantes:
> El dg 08 de 04 de 2018 a les 19:23 +0200, en/na Pere Pujal i Carabantes va
> escriure:
>> I remember that times ago there were problems with a file called
>> index.dontrememberextension
>
> bad memory, the file is ind.cache, rename to something like ind.cache.back
>
>> you could try if you find that file in the osmand directory, stop osmand,
>> rename the file then restart osmand.
>> if that doesn't helps you could always put the old file in place.

Hi,

thanks. Yes, ind.cache. Interestingly, I removed this file, it gets
rebuilt at the next start. I looked at the strings in this file, all
manually put maps are in there.
I also looked at the logcat while starting. Osmand sees all map files
(which is also seen in the map management), but it does not use them.

I'm giving up, thanks for all your help, I think I'll have to download
from within OsmAnd. Just wanted to save bandwith with having two
installations.

Klaus