On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 6:24:28 AM UTC+7, Michał Musiałowicz wrote:

> Unfortunately rendering speed is, being polite, only satisfactory.

I don't want to be polite and say that rendering speed is terrible. Last
OsmAnd+ versions on my 6-core 1.8 GHz Qualcomm phone work much slower than
versions from 2012-2013 on my old 4-core 1.2 GHz MTK one.

In big cities like Paris, Roma, Milano etc., OsmAnd+ is almost unusable in
real time because rendering delays (occuring after scale changes and
similar events) are incredibly long.

And the rendering consumes very much CPU resources, draining the battery
and raising phone's temperature to a dangerous level. After two months of
everyday driving with OsmAnd+, the battery in my phone became inflated.

As correctly mentioned, OsmAnd+ draws much more details than really needed.

In most cases, detailed map is needed only near a current point (or near
center of the screen). The more far from the "focus", the less details
should be drawn. Google Maps utilizes such technique and works fast and not
CPU-intensive. But it cannot be fine-tuned.