Hi Max
Thanks for your ongoing help.
I understand what you say.
Following your instructions, I've gone to "Settings -> General Settings ->
Data storage folder.".  It says
"/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files".
Using USB lead and PC, I find:-
a) "Internal shared storage/Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files".  This is
where I put the amended "routing.xml".  Also in there are a load of OBF
files with the names of countries whose maps I've downloaded. .
b) "SanDisk SD card/Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files".  In here I can see
only one folder "files" containing one file "GPX08.render".

I cannot see anything called ""/storage/emulated/0/", but I assume that is
the one identified (a) above.
I can still not see the list called "Boat Speed".
Stumped!
Paul W