I am not going to bring good news for you.

As far as I know, this is a problem of Android 8 on Huawei. The developers
of Osmand are working on it (some apps seem to be excluded from the
aggressive closing of apps in background) but at the moment it is not
working. The problem is not with Osmand, the problem is with Huawei. The
methods used for keeping apps alive used in the past are not working at the
moment.