Because this is OpenStreetMap, Not Google Map.

OSM is an Open foundation: data produced by OSM mappers are released under
Open license and available to *anyone* who requires them... Google included
(even though I'm not sure they use them).

Google data are released under commercial license, so if you map for GMaps
you are working for Google, if you map for OSM you are working for everyone
i the world (just guess to whom I am a mapper).

Cheers,
Max

Il giorno gio 11 ott 2018 alle ore 17:59 Stefan Monnier <
monn...@iro.umontreal.ca> ha scritto:

> > I'm trying add online google maps to Osmand by instructions on this
> > link http://dailyway.ru/zagruzka-rastrovyx-kart-v-osmand/
>
> Makes me wonder: why would someone make extra efforts to tell Google
> even more about their whereabouts and (geographical) interests?
>

>         Stefan
>
> --

I Piccoli Pirati dell'Aria