On Monday, 11 March 2019 13:08:50 UTC+1, Harry van der Wolf wrote:

> Fdroid always compile their own versions and often run 2-3 subversions
> behind. Yalp downloads "somehow" from the Play Store without using the
> Google framework. I have no idea how that works and if the beta channel is
> fully supported.
> There are more third party options that simply sideload apks from the Play
> store to their own servers and then distribute it again via their own
> apps/websites. I suppose they are always running behind when compared with
> the "real" Play Store.
>
> Harry

 Yalp (especially with its own login) won't download beta version. It
simply scrapes the webpage and downloads the apk from there. The beta
channel has to be connected through the Play store with your own login, you
cannot do it from Yalp or similar apps...
The one big reason why I am using Yalp store is that you can filter out
apps with no adds or no dependencies on Google framework. I am using it,
but mostly just for searching/filtering.