On Friday, 22 March 2019 18:20:10 UTC+1, Gavin Meredith wrote:

> I have Osmand set with bicycle as the default profile, avoiding unpaved
> roads and “driving style” as balanced. Elevation fluctuation is set as
> hilly  in navigation settings.
>
> With elevation data turned off a calculated route is as expected. It
> makes sense.
>
> With the same route selected and elevation data now turned on, Osmand
> recalculates the route. This time it includes footpaths. In the UK this a
> no no.
>
> Is there any way of preventing this error.
>
> GavinM.

Can you give an example of the footpath where it happens?
There might be several reasons for this:
- it is not tagged as a footpath, but as a path (highway=path), where OSM
expects bicycle access (might be a wrong tagging)
- it might be a footpath with bicycle=yes (wrong tagging)
- it might be a footpath, but OsmAnd calculates a "cost" of the route and
decides, that PUSHING a bike is better than taking an alternative route

Without seeing what is happening, it is difficult to give you any advice.