Have you checked that OSMAND is excepted from any battery saving mode?
Have you Greenify installed?
Anyway, I prefer a different solution. I'm using "GPS Logger" which drains
less battery. You can then copy the track saved by GPS Logger to the folder
<OSMANDs data folder>/files/tracks by using any file manager (like FX).
Helmut