On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 03:59:02AM -0700, Erik Eti Smit wrote:
I just installed Osmand, but I can't use navigation. I am in a town, the map shows my exact location, but all I am getting is 'can't start navigation. Too far from nearest road'. Apparently, navigation can't see the roads that are on the map. What can I do?

You did not say if you had downloaded any map data yet? If all you did was install OsmAnd, then you need to go into the main menu, pick "download maps", and then download one or more maps of the area near you.