On Saturday, 13 July 2019 16:37:12 UTC+2, Tom Norton wrote:

> Maybe it is my imagination but there seems to be more detail as we re
> cycling through the Czech Republic countryside.

IMHO, the touring view has not more details, but slightly less then the
general one. The difference is WHAT is shown, when the map is "full" - and
here it puts roads and tracks (and perhaps paths) in the foreground. The
"noise" in densely mapped areas in the general view can hide just what you
are interested in when cycling through the countryside. In towns, the
general (bike) view might be slightly better.

You will notice the difference best in the densely mapped areas (Germany,
Czech Republic, ...).