Hi Xavier - You (quite rightly) say; "Don't blame OsmAnd".  -  Indeed, I
don't.  My purpose was to question the logic of offering a range of "Turn
Off" times, without mentioning that they are (currently) not available.
Your reference to https://github.com/osmandapp/Osmand/issues/6675 is
useful, thanks, and right down the bottom it links to #7315
<https://github.com/osmandapp/Osmand/issues/7315> on which max-klaus said 2
days ago "It ... ... don't work on all devices."
One can at least hope the gurus are still working on a solution for all
devices.
Meanwhile, I'd love to know if there is a (fairly simple) way for me to
make it work on mine.
Thanks
PW