Hi! If you open Osmand's search then paste the OLC straight into the "Type
to search all" box at the top, then tap the first search result (shown as
latitude and longitude) then for me in the UK it works fine, avoiding the
trouble you described.

This seems to work even thought the OLC from the Google maps app is the
short format followed by the general area given as text - I seem to
remember that when Google first started doing that instead of giving the
long-format OLC, OsmAnd couldn't handle it.

If you drop a pin in Google maps, you can also copy latitude/longitude
instead of OLC, and paste it into OsmAnd in the same way.

Hope that helps! I speak from experience as a user, not from any inside
knowledge.