I mapped a stream that often dries up in summer - you tag it as
waterway=stream, intermittent=yes in OSM. But such "ephemeral" streams
(some historically named "Winterbourne"s in the UK) depend on the weather
from year to year for when they will flow.

In OsmAnd, I checked in both the OsmAnd and Touring-View map styles, and my
intermittent stream is shown as a DASHED blue line rather than a solid one
as for normal streams.

Good question - I hope that helps!