On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 11:48:35 AM UTC+2 emailt*****gmail.com wrote:

Recently I have discovered that when I'm being routed from A to B, I get a
special sound when I get close to a favourite location (a "dong" sound
before the announcement is made).

To disable the sound/announcement of the favourites, try this procedure:
Main Menu
Settings
Select the desired profile
Navigation settings
Voice Prompts (do not move the slide, but press on the words)
Scroll down until you reach "Nearby Favourites" and disable it.

I hope this can help you. If this is not enough, let me/us know.

AnyFile