Hello Dave,

We can split the logic for sure. I will refactor these two tasks.

Speaking about delete actions, I can say I've ignored them expressly,
because there is no big sense to transform(!) tags in entity, that will be
deleted. I'm new to Osmosis and if you will place arguments when my
assumption can be wrong I can make changes for the code.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Dave Stubbs <osm.l...@randomjunk.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Good to see someone working on improvements!
>
> I just took a look at your commit.
>
> One question: is it intentional to drop delete changes? I think that's
> the current action, though not entirely sure without testing (for
> which I don't have time atm).
>
> Also it seems that most of the process is a direct cut'n'paste from
> the TransformTask code. I don't think duplicating the logic in this
> way is a good idea -- do you think you could refactor it to have the
> core process logic separate from either task?
>
> ie: so that TransformChangeTask becomes more like:
>
> @Override
> public void process(ChangeContainer changeContainer) {
>    if ( !ChangeAction.Delete.equals(changeContainer.getAction()) ) {
>      EntityContainer entity = changeContainer.getEntityContainer();
>      EntityContainer output = transformTask.process(entity);
>      if ( output != null )
>         sink.process(new ChangeContainer(output,
> changeContainer.getAction());
>    }
> }
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>

> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Alexander Chmyr <ach...@cloudmade.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > We have successfully updated TagTransform plugin and added new task:
> >
> > --tag-transform-change (--ttc).
> > It works exactly as --tt task, but get as input change files (osc) and do
> > transformation when adding or modifying. No changes when delete action.
> >
> > Kudos to Anton Popov (apo...@cogniance.com)
> >
> > Alexander Chmyr
> > Software Engineer
> > Cogniance, Inc