Hello,

I am currently active in the mkgmap project and at the moment I am
developing the implementation of the multipolygon feature.

I am facing problems on the tile/dump boundaries. When mkgmap (and any
other software) processes an OSM dump it has no hard information which
shape was used to extract this dump. It could be a simple bounding box
but it could also be a complex shape (e.g. a country boundary). We can
guess only.
This makes it nearly impossible to fill incomplete polygons reasonable.

In the real world it makes it impossible to draw the
austrian/german/swiss part of the Bodensee using the
austrian/german/swiss dump. A lot of problems related to flooding on
coastlines are also a reson for this.

So what do you think? I think it should not be a big problem for you to
add such an information because you already have the shape to extract
the data.
What about the OSM format? Is there a DTD for the OSM format which must
be extended?

WanMil