Nuno
From: Brett Henderson [mailto:br...@bretth.com]
Sent: domingo, 13 de Outubro de 2013 12:02

Hi Nuno,

On 10 October 2013 22:18, Nuno Miguel Lourenço
<nuno-miguel-loure...@telecom.pt<mailto:nuno-miguel-loure...@telecom.pt>> wrote:
Hi,

I’m updating a OpenStreetMaps based DB, but we are doing incremental steps to
the DB data.
We are importing just a few countries and then proceed to continents and at the
end the planet file.

We are already using the country data! NOTE: The countries are not neighbors!
We are importing some Europe countries from
http://download.geofabrik.de/europe.html getting the several .osm.pbf files for
the ones we want!

We are coming across an issue…
We are getting a lot of
Detail: Key (id)=(xxxxx) is duplicated.; nested exception is
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not create unique index
"pk_relations"
We are getting this for the relations table, for the nodes, ways tables also!!!

It sounds like your .osm.pbf files contain duplicate data.  The countries may
not be neighbours, but there may still be data relationships that connect them.
I assume (providing your exact command line and exception messages would be
very helpful) you're trying to use a task like --write-pgsql which assumes that
the database is empty.  In your case you're trying to run it multiple times
against a non-empty database which will fail if the input files contain
duplicate data.

Is there any way we can avoid this?

Perhaps.  Combining all .osm.pdf files together into a single file and remove
duplicate data before importing should fix it.

We tried to remove the duplicates on the osmosisUpdate function but it did not
work due to this being called after all the pushes of data to the DB.

The osmosisUpdate function is only called by the --write-pgsql-change task, but
I don't believe you're using that task ...

Is there any other way to do this with osmosis?

Merge all the .osm.pbf files together before importing.

Merging the several .osm.pbf files to generate a unique one is not a solution.

Okay.  Can you please explain why this is not an option?
Brett