Osmosis just uses this library, right?

I mean, it is a nicely packaged version of LGPLed OSM-binary:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osmosis/tree/master/osmosis-osm-binary

Use it in maven via:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.openstreetmap.osmosis</groupId>
            <artifactId>osmosis-osm-binary</artifactId>
            <version>0.43.1</version>
        </dependency>

Regards,
Peter.

--
GraphHopper.com - Fast & Flexible Road Routing