I’m new at this, but aren’t the relations what translate the ways into
polygons?  Have you tried your original command with --tf accept-relations?

I’m also curious if the --used node command complicates the extraction of
polygons…?

From: Bjenk Ellefsen [mailto:bjenk.ellef...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 12:10 PM
To: osmosis-dev@openstreetmap.org
Subject: [osmosis-dev] extracting nodes and ways

Hello,

I have a weird result and I am trying to figure this out.

I am trying to use this command to extract ways and nodes of buildings in one
command:

osmosis --rx city.osm --tf accept-ways 'building=*' --tf accept-nodes
'buildings=*' --tf reject-relations --used-node --wx CityBuild.osm

However, whan I do that, I lose the polygons if I then try to convert to
geojson. If I use only --tf accept-ways, I get the polygons.

Now, If I run the same command with just ways, then with just nodes and merge
both OSM before converting, I get both no problems.

Does this mean it is not possible to extract both in one command? This would so
much simpler if it worked. Any ideas?

Thanks!