Hi Brett/all,

I've been using osmosis to convert OSM files from .pbf to .osm without
problems.
However, using today's extract, osmosis 0.46 just quits with an error:

SEVERE: Thread for task 1-read-pbf failed
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index:0, Size:0
        at
com.google.protobuf.IntArrayList.ensureIndexInRange(IntArrayList.java:263)
        at com.google.protobuf.IntArrayList.getInt(IntArrayList.java:131)
        at
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.Osmformat$DenseInfo.getUid(Osmformat.java:6277)
        at
crosby.binary.osmosis.OsmosisBinaryParser.parseDense(OsmosisBinaryParser.java:119)
        at
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.BinaryParser.parse(BinaryParser.java:124)
        at
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.BinaryParser.handleBlock(BinaryParser.java:68)
        at
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.file.FileBlock.process(FileBlock.java:135)
        at
org.openstreetmap.osmosis.osmbinary.file.BlockInputStream.process(BlockInputStream.java:34)
        at crosby.binary.osmosis.OsmosisReader.run(OsmosisReader.java:45)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The file I'm trying to convert is
https://download.geofabrik.de/europe/hungary-latest.osm.pbf
The command-line is simply --read-pbf hungary-latest.osm.pbf --write-xml
hungary-latest.osm

Version 0.45 gives a different error.

Before filing a bug report, I'm asking here if such an issue is already
known, or if you see any user errors or workarounds, or if there's a
problem with the .pbf file (generated by osmium 1.8.0).

Greets,
Yogurt