From: Mahendra Singh Negi [mailto:mahendrasi...@huawei.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:49 PM
To: draft-ietf-spring-conflict-resolut...@ietf.org;
draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensi...@ietf.org
Cc: ospf@ietf.org
Subject: RE:
draft-ietf-spring-conflict-resolution/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions:
 If you please provide your inputs on the issue.

Dear Authors,

Amidst implementing conflict resolution for OSPF SR (
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-conflict-resolution-05) we came
across this issue.

Topology:
[cid:image001.png@01D3AC89.CC75DE10]

Issue:

1.       Prefix conflict occurs at RT1 and RT2.

2.       Both RT1 and RT2 resolve the conflict and download corresponding Label
for SID:1 (SID:1 wins conflict resolution).

3.       Both RT1 and RT2 advertise inter-area Extended Prefix Opaque LSA for
prefix 10.10.10.10 in area a1 with SID:1.

Reference:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-24#section-7.2

&

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-24#section-5

  (If an OSPF router advertises multiple Prefix-SIDs for the same prefix,
topology and algorithm, all of them MUST be ignored.)

4.       Now at RT1, user changes the  SID configuration value to 4, and still
SID 1 wins the conflict resolution as in area a1 RT2 has not flushed or updated
SID:1, and SID:1 is forever in LSDB.

How to fix the issue?

a)       think ABRs should advertise all the SIDs to leaking areas and MUST
condition mentioned highlighted in yellow above be relaxed (i.e. update
inter-area segment routing section accordingly) and let each node run
conflict-resolution.

b)       On SID configuration change, RT1 Flushes the SID:1 and waits for SID:1
flushing out from the LSDB and then originates with new SID:4.(How long to wait
is decided locally).

I prefer (a), if you please provide your opinion on this. We are under
development, highly appreciate prompt  responses.

Regards,
Mahendra