On Apr 11, 7:31 pm, Paul Southerington <sout...@gmail.com> wrote:
><snip>
> I've actually been considering making it do that out-of-the-box.  If other
> people want that, please let me know.
>
> Right now, you can search on 'reporting_host' instead, or you can try the
> following. I haven't really tested this yet, so let me know if you have
> issues:
><snip>

To Paul, first, I wanted to thank you for your work!  I specifically
wanted to provide feedback that yes, I would personally love to see
this configured out of the box - or even better yet, a feature that
can simply be "switched on".   While your out-of-box configuration is
arguably more "to spec", in practice within my own environment, I find
this way to be more useful.  I am running OSSEC and Splunk on the same
machine, so I followed your instructions with the plug-in to do direct
parsing of the log files, along with your instructions below, and
everything is working perfectly.  I did modify the transform names
from *syslog* to *locallog* for my own tracking, but other than that,
your instructions worked perfectly.

Again, thank you very much for your work on this project!
-Jim