just tried to install ossec 2.7

Server install seems fine. however the 2.7 agent setup on Ubuntu 10.04
doesn't install correctly.

I have tested on 2 different ubuntu machines and get the same issue.

For a start during the install - after the '3- Configuring the OSSEC HIDS.'
msg I see

./install.sh: 158: [[: not found

When I try to start Ossec on the agent server, this is with no modifications

ossec-config(1230): ERROR: Invalid element in the configuration: 'client'.
ossec-config(1202): ERROR: Configuration error at
'/var/ossec/etc/ossec.conf'. Exiting.
ossec-agentd(1215): ERROR: No client configured. Exiting.

And ossec doesn't start.

Any ideas ?

I have also tried the agent install on a Centos 5 server and that was fine.

sorry if this post appears multiple times - I emailed 10 hrs ago to the
list but cannot see the msg on
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/ossec-list