Hi *,

I was implementing new rules with lookups against CDB lists using the
'match_key_value'. The goal is to look up a key AND the associated value
with a regex. Example:

<list field="user" lookup="match_key_value"
check_value="^admin">lists/users</list>

After lot of tests and coffee, it was impossible make this rule work! And
for a good reason: the source code contained:

case LR_STRING_MATCH_VALUE:
    //debug1("LR_STRING_MATCH_VALUE");
    // XXX TODO
    return 0;
    break;

This was also reported in a previous port in July 2012 (
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/ossec-list/EeO8uuV-TYc/Y9U_VoztlBgJ)

I really needed this feature and wrote a patch to implement it (attached to
this message). It is based on a stock 2.7 source tree and only one file
must be patched. I tested it, working for me!

/x