From: ossec-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:ossec-list@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of theresa mic-snare
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 12:38 PM
To: ossec-list <ossec-list@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [ossec-list] OSSEC Windows Client registration failed

Thanks guys, I will try that. I currently don't have any access to the
workstation (I'm at home)
but I will give it a shot.
Is the windows firewall by default enabled?

Sorry, I don't have any windows know-how....I'm only ever using *NIX based
systems...

what strikes me though....to me it seems like a *permission* problem (see
screenshots --> unable to set permissions on auth key files) rather than a
firewall that's dropping the connection?!

I will uninstall and reinstall with the administrator user (although I thought
I had used it....but obviously not)