Hi,

when you run the OSSEC installer for Windows, you can choose the location
where OSSEC will be installed. This shouldn't be a problem.

Since OSSEC registers a background service on Windows, you should first
install OSSEC into another partition and then create the C:\ drive image.

Hope it helps.
Best regards.

Victor.