Hello all,

Enjoying getting to know ossec deeper than when I have used in the past.
Unfortunately, have run into an issue with realtime file integrity
checking. This also happens on other machines with 2.8 debian package or by
compiling from latest wazuh source or ossec-hids source. Have tried on
ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04.

With rootcheck disabled, realtime detection works instantly and without a
hitch, but with rootcheck enabled, I get sporadic results...alert is
delayed or does not occur at all.

I can see from strace of ossec-syscheckd that rootcheck gets quite busy
checking PIDS....

Is this a known issue? Thank you in advance...

--

---