On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Matt <sttwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's my understanding it needed to be configure don the agent? Following is

What needed to be configured on the agent? Which specific settings
were you referencing in your previous email?
Some settings get set on the agent, some on the server. Which settings
did you expect to be set on the agent, but only worked when set on the
server?

> anything I can see as remotely pertinent in the Ossec.conf file on the OSSEC
> server. I'm not including sections referencing the rules and directories to
> monitor and ignore (which I didn't modify).
>
> <ossec_config>
>   <global>
>     <email_notification>yes</email_notification>
>     <email_maxperhour>5000</email_maxperhour>
>     <email_to>red...@redact.com</email_to>
>     <smtp_server>redact.redact.com</smtp_server>
>     <email_from>red...@redact.com</email_from>
>     <logall>yes</logall>
>   </global>

Obvious server settings.

>   <syscheck>
>     <!-- Frequency that syscheck is executed - default to every 22 hours -->
>     <frequency>72000</frequency>

Frequency should be set by that host's ossec.conf.

>     <alert_new_files>yes</alert_new_files>
>     <auto_ignore>no</auto_ignore>

Obvious server settings.

>   </syscheck>
>   <remote>
>     <connection>syslog</connection>
>   </remote>
>   <remote>
>     <connection>secure</connection>
>   </remote>

Obvious server settings.

>   <alerts>
>     <log_alert_level>1</log_alert_level>
>     <email_alert_level>7</email_alert_level>
>   </alerts>

Obvious server settings

>   <localfile>
>     <log_format>syslog</log_format>
>     <location>/var/log/messages</location>
>   </localfile>
>   <localfile>
>     <log_format>syslog</log_format>
>     <location>/var/log/secure</location>
>   </localfile>
>   <localfile>
>     <log_format>syslog</log_format>
>     <location>/var/log/maillog</location>
>   </localfile>
> </ossec_config>

Each system should have localfile entries for the logs on that system.