Hi Matthew,

I just remembered that the script only works with the new release of Wazuh.
Anyway, you can do it manually:

   1. Backup your current installation
   2. Copy ossec-rules/decoders/ to /var/ossec/etc/decoders
   3. Copy ossec-rules/rules/ to /var/ossec/rules.
   4. Copy ossec-rules/rootchecks to /var/ossec/etc/shared
   5. Use this configuration
   <https://github.com/wazuh/ossec-rules/blob/master/rules/rules.template>
   in your ossec.conf (if you do not use *local_decoder.xml*, you can
   remove that line).
   6. Restart OSSEC. You will see some errors (some rules/decoders are not
   compatible). So, replace the "no compatible rules" with the backup rules.

Of course, you can do the "same" procedure from OSSEC-HIDS but Wazuh is
doing a great effort to centralize, test and maintain decoders and rules
submitted by Open Source contributors and create new ones.

Regards.