Hi Jayalaxmi,

Could you explain a little bit more your intentions? What do you mean by
"Application installation" ? Linux or Windows ?

If you mean detecting a new software installation in the host, OSSEC is
fetching by default some logs from Debian dpkg, a new package will trigger
rule 2902 "New dpkg (Debian Package) installed.".
Same thing for yum (el/rhel), rule id 2932 "(New Yum package installed.)".

Best regards,
Pedro Sanchez.