I am trying to create a child rule to 1002 (which I have silenced) to alert
in certain cases. I can get the rule to work if I remove the regex portion;
however, I don't want that as a permanent solution. My rule is below, and a
sample log entry is below as well. Am I doing something wrong when it comes
to matching based on regex?

<rule id="99999" level="10">

    <if_sid>1002</if_sid>

    <match>+0000 ERROR TcpOutputFd - Connection to host=\S+ failed</match>

    <description>Unsilence 1002 for failed TcpOutputFd connections
</description>

  </rule>

Sample Log:

03-06-2018 21:53:42.475 +0000 ERROR TcpOutputFd - Connection to
host=127.0.0.1:9997 failed