Thanks Bill. This makes complete sense. In fact it is something I had
tested (searching through log for a match). I was curious if there is a way
to have OSSEC perform TLS version checks rather than introducing a
script/program that looks for TLS, writes to a log and then have OSSEC
parse through the logs for a word match.

in other words, just like ossec can check file integrity/host intrusion,
can it check for TLS version as part of a system check?