On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:32 AM, Nadav Har'El <n...@scylladb.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 6:51 PM, Justin Cinkelj <justin.cink...@xlab.si>
> wrote:
>
>> Seems that here and there, osv_execve returns with thread_id still at 0,
>> instead of containing new thread id.
>> So a little race.
>>

> I didn't notice this earlier, but osv_execve has the same race that I
> warned you about in your new code: It starts a new thread, and that new
> thread will set the thread id, but we have no idea when, and return before
> it is set!

I sent a second RFC patch to fix this bug as well - so osv_execve never
returns before the thread id is set.

I can't figure out if that "246 248" thing you mentioned was a separate bug
or somehow related to this one?

By the way, if you fix errors and improve tests/misc-execve*, please send a
patch so I can include them in the general OSv as well.