> On 23 Apr 2017, at 05:14, Nadav Har'El <n...@scylladb.com> wrote:
>
> Pekka, another question we should ask ourselves is what is the plan with
> Capstan, and more importantly, the binary OSv releases. The OSv v0.24 version
> he used is two years old (!). If we're not going to produce any more
> pre-compiled releases (are we?) should we at least remove the antique ones
> and force people to compile OSv on their own before using Capstan? Or should
> we make another release? Or what?

On this front, I have a rebar_osv plugin for the erlang ‘rebar’ build tool that
will take an erlang release and build an OSv image. Its simpler to port an
erlang OTP application to OSv that way than using the apps/erlang setup. It
will also include a recent OSv base image (as I use the same method of CPIO-ing
in the files). Hope to release that soon - are you ok with me including an OSv
base image?

Cheers,
Rick