On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 2:12 PM, <miha.plesko.x...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you were right anyway - we are using some patches to
> upload_manifest, so we might have broken the stripping. So if I understand
> you right, the stripped cpiod (that is as small as 220 KB) should work the
> same as the unstripped one, or will things crash?

Yes, the stripped executable should be perfectly fine and shouldn't crash.
The only thing you can't usefully do with it is debug with gdb. This is why
we use the trick of leaving the original file (cpiod.so) unstripped, and
stripping a copy (cpio-stripped.so) and this copy is what gets uploaded.

Nadav.