On 11/16/2017 11:03 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:
On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:59:07AM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 11/16/2017 10:55 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:
On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:53:52AM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 11/16/2017 10:48 AM, Nadav Har'El wrote:
On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Avi Kivity <a...@scylladb.com
<mailto:a...@scylladb.com>> wrote:

      OSv will need NVMe and ena drivers.

Why is that, have you seen documentation (or saw in your own tests) that
they will not support virtio-blk and virtio-net on their KVM?
It will not be supported, native drivers only.

Do you know why is that?
I can guess that they prefer to support one set of devices/drivers rather
than two. Native will have far better performance, so why bother?

New instances will have new HW, so in the end they will have to support
more than one set of drivers anyway.

   What about migration?

Migration from what? Old AMIs aren't guaranteed to support virtio.

Live migration for high availability. Although I am not sure that was
supported with XEN.

Xen supports migration, But AWS does not.

I think they could, since those "native" interfaces are actually terminated in their Annapurna chips, not the actual hardware, so they can program those chips to perform live migration.