On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Geraldo Netto <geraldone...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Nadav/Waldek/All,
>
> It turns out most math functions just need a minor tuning
> I'm still facing a lot of issues with wide chars and some stdio things
> But I hope to start submitting the patches to upgrade musl
>
> Also, I was planning to change the approach - instead of having libc and
> musl directories
> have just one directory for the patches on top of vanilla musl
> that way we can easily identify which part of the code require changes

There are some stuff in libc/ that is completely our own, so you can't
completely eliminate
it, but you're right that you can convert some of the changed files to
patches. Would be
even nicer if we could somehow get the upstream project to pick up some of
our patches
(where relevant...) so we don't need to do them ourselves.

All in all I'm a bit worried about the whole attempt of replacing Musl with
a newer one
after 3 years we haven't touched it - I don't know how we'll be able to
test it enough.
But I guess we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Nadav.