On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 7:16 AM, Waldek Kozaczuk <jwkozac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I managed to get Python 3.5 working on OSv but reporting missing 318
> syscall. With version 3.6 and above Python is trying to invoke getrandom
> which obviously fails due to missing symbol.

Yes, both are getrandom() and it is indeed missing.

> How difficult would it be implement this function?

I think it should be relatively easy - all getrandom() needs to do is to
read from /dev/urandom or /dev/random.

We could also have getrandom() call the same randomness-fetching code that
the *implementation* of /dev/*random use, instead of actually opening such
a file, but I think just using the device files would be easiest.

I opened https://github.com/cloudius-systems/osv/issues/989