On Mon, 2018-10-22 at 16:13 +0300, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> After this patch, the host NTP keeps the time accurate on the guest
> as well?

Not verified yet - should be able to do that soon though. I suspect it
totally sorts the issue though.

> Another thing we could do is to reread the wall clock periodically
> (e.g., once each second)
> but this will be ugly and cause probably not very desirable clock
> skips.

That was my thinking too.

> Perhaps we can shave off a few more nanoseconds if we saved
> wall_time_msr and mmu::virt_to_phys(_wall) and didn't need to
> recalculate them every time?

I'll resubmit with those changes - though I was hoping I'd missed
somthing with respect to how it all worked :) It does seem somewhat
suboptimal to have to write the MSR each time :(

Cheers,
Rick