Hi Nadav/Friends,

Is it okay for you if I split this second patch in a set as follows:
- fix the patches that don't work on tomcat 9

- reorganize the patches by file, so, if it fails to apply the patch
somewhere, it would fail per file
For example, currently, If the patch fails on the second patch,
tomcat-users.xml will be ok and it will break server.xml
But I would like to apply all changes on tomcat-users.xml first, then, all
changes on server.xml and so on
Not only it's clear but also, makes easier to find an issue in case it
happens in the middle of the process

- rename patches so they are consistent
In this case, configure-web-admin-user.patch and
assign-admin-gui-role-to-tomcat-user.patch are talking about the same
tomcat user but one calls web user and the other calls tomcat user

Regarding the Apache Portable Runtime, I know I should comment at the issue
but anyway
I think it's better to let it die because as far as I know:
- the performance difference isn't so big after java nio/nio2 (although
tomcat crashes with nio2)
- the ssl thing that people used to do with apr are somehow insecure (apr
uses openssl for this) and can be moved to a reverse proxy (apache
httpd/nginx) which is better and off-load tomcat, of course,
springboot with embedded tomcat would be the best scenario...

Of course, I might be wrong, if anyone knows it better, please, let us know
So, I might work on it
I'm interested in tomcat mainly because I'm used to it at work
But I don't have any OSv env. in production with it (which is a pity)

Kind Regards,

Geraldo Netto
Sapere Aude => Non dvcor, dvco
http://exdev.sf.net/

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 21:47, Geraldo Netto <geraldone...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Nadav/Friends,
>

>> On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 6:15 AM, geraldo netto <geraldone...@gmail.com>

>>> I called reorganisation because the patches were out of order
>>>
>>> this is the old list of patches (each colour is a different file):
>>> 0001-configure-web-admin-user.patch
>>> 0002-change-http-port-to-8081.patch
>>> 0003-assign-admin-gui-role-to-tomcat-user.patch
>>> 0004-disable-Jasper-development-mode.patch
>>> 0005-bump-up-number-of-threads.patch
>>> 0006-Add-script-managment-role-to-tomcat-user.patch
>>> 0007-Use-bio-connector-explicitly.patch
>>> 0008-Do-not-enable-AJP-connector.patch
>>>
>>> this is the new list of patches (each colour is a different file):
>>> 0001-add-admin-user.patch
>>> 0002-grant-admin-gui-to-tomcat-user.patch
>>> 0003-grant-manager-script-to-tomcat-user.patch
>>> 0004-disable-jasper-development-mode.patch
>>> 0005-change-http-port-to-8081.patch
>>> 0006-increase-number-of-threads.patch