Hi,

Orfeo ToolBox can read a lot of image formats (using GDAL). However the automatic detection of metadata for your product may not be supported (for instance : sensor model, calibration coefficients,...). There are some specific algorithms (i.e. calibration, reprojection,...) where you will have some additional work to feed the right metadata into OTB, but in all the other cases, you will be able to process your images transparently.

Hope it helps,

Guillaume